Saturday, December 12, 2020

. 25.08.19 Simon Baker .

The dream started with me walking barefoot in a parking lot. It's dark and people had just come out to enjoy the night. I can leap great distances and I was feeling melancholic for some reason, considering climbing buildings and landscapes to help me feel better. I walk towards the first building I see and it's a shopping complex. I scale the walls till I reach the second floor and snuck in through an entrance.

Inside, there was a large room that looked like the inside of a cathedral. There were pews all around but an old Malay man was giving the sermon and a mixture of people were listening to him. I walked in, paying more attention to the walls and wondering how I could climb them.

As I got close to one side of the room, a blonde man called out to me as if we've met before. I believe we have, but in another dream. He looked like Simon Baker and I called him Dr. for some reason but I can't remember what he specialized in. I just remember he was an academician and came to Malaysia a lot, sought after for his expertise and to speak at talks. Today, he was sitting in the pew but didn't look like he was paying attention anymore.

I sat next to him and asked how he was doing since we last met. He said he was fine. He then asked how it went with the guy. Apparently in my previous dream with Simon Baker, I told him I had gone to see my then-boyfriend knowing he was going to break up with me. I smiled and shrugged but just before I could reply, an elderly lady wearing a headscarf started scolding us for being unmarried and sitting so closely with each other.

We were both put off by this so I got up to leave, and Simon followed. We decided to grab something to eat (and it was suddenly morning). We found a quaint little cafe and sat at an outside table. We both ordered a similar platter (something with eggs) and continued catching up.

"Oh yeah, what were we saying before we were interrupted?" we paused for a moment, then I remembered. "Ah yes! The guy. Well, it went the way I expected. We talked. He said what he needed to say and then we went our separate ways."

"That's rough," said Dr. Simon Baker.

"One less thing to worry about," I replied, obviously no longer hurt by a past relationship. "I'm sorry if I asked this before but I don't remember - why do you visit Malaysia a lot? You travel everywhere but I see you here most often. Why is that?"

I didn't realize he had a mouthful of egg and was rushing to respond.

"Chew & swallow first before you answer," I said, afraid he could choke. He laughed.

"I don't know.. It's just.. The weather's so unpredictable. Compare it to places like Newcastle, there's just so much going on around here all the time."

"So do a lot of other places. So why here?"

He hesitates a little before answering. "No friends or family here."

"..Feels like one day you just wanna run away to here? And never go back?"

He doesn't answer verbally this time but a pair of Philippino guys behind us in black leather jackets were goofing around, saying 'yes' loudly though they had no idea of our conversation. After the men passed us by, Simon Baker turned back to me smiling. "They answered my question."

A very odd dream but I'm glad I can have dreams about my ex without breaking down crying or feeling heartache in the morning. At least I had the handsome Dr. Simon Baker comforting me over breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment