Wednesday, August 22, 2012

. 14.04.11 pool accident .

  I was at a pool party, with a whole bunch of Caucasian people that don't look at all familiar to me, but hell, I was enjoying myself. I was sitting on the edge of the pool, legs in the water, while a bunch of guys were racing nearby. The crowds cheered for the swimmers and everyone was laughing and having a great time. Then there was this one guy, in the water, who was sort of mocking me. I didn't even know who he was, but he was really bugging me, calling out to me. Even when I tried to ignore him, he started imitating my every move just for the fun of it. But that's when he really pissed me off. I couldn't take it anymore. I pushed off into the water, dashed towards him like a torpedo, and wrestled with him in the water. He was really taken by surprise. I guess he didn't know the bimbo he was teasing could get this violent. I pushed him so hard and deep into the water, his head hit against the bottom of the pool. I heard a crack!

  And that was when I realised he was almost drowning. I panicked and swam him back to the surface and dragged him on land. I yelled at people to get help. I didn't mean to hurt him so badly. I wasn't thinking. He was falling unconscious. I just hoped the concussion wasn't going to be so severe. Fortunately there was a doctor nearby. An African-American man, who looked in his late twenties, wearing a suit and he had with him a doctor's bag. We carried the guy to a safer place, let him have some air. The doctor examined the guy there and then. Soon enough, there was a thick bandage on his head and the doctor said that his concussion wasn't critical; just a really nasty bump. I was relieved. When the guy came to, I apologized deeply and hoped he could forgive me. The way he looked at me, he seemed scared and reluctant at first, but something told me, as the Dream was about the blur and end, that we became friends after that near-death experience.

Lesson learned: be careful of your violent tendencies, especially near mediums of water where people can drown or heavy hits where people can get concussions. I sincerely felt guilty for the guy when he hit his head. I had that knifed feeling in my heart that someone was going to die because of me and the guilt from that would've been unbearable in real life; I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to handle it in Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment