Saturday, October 23, 2010

. old dream gone bad .

It feels like I had this Dream before, a long, long time ago so much that I had forgotten it. Some parts like the beginning and the end were a little improvised I think so lemme get straight to it.


I'm at my condo except it doesn't look exactly like it. It's brown, a little rusted and worn down. My persona was a little kid; whether I was a girl or boy I'm still not sure but I acted like a boy. I had with me my gang of three other boys and we were like the rascals you'd find around squatter residences or villages, wearing second hand singlets and stained shorts. They were my best friends.


One day we played a serious prank and vandalized a bible we found. We defiled the title of the bible and some more words with our own writing and had a good laugh. We were small kids and no one saw us. After that we played like normal. The day after, however, something did happen. This part I remember from my forgotten Dream in the past.


The routine in the Dream world was that we would go to the ground floor to play and in the evening go back upstairs to our floors using the elevator. The elevator took a while to get upstairs and since we didn't want to be late for the evening prayers (we being Muslim in the Dream I presumed) we prayed in the elevator and were done the time the doors opened. So we were praying as usual and we just finished. My friend on the right, who was a bit older and taller than us, was supposed to get out first as it was his floor.


The second the doors opened, a giant knife jutted out from the opening and went through my friend. I remember the blood splattering on the right side of my face. Not much I can recall after that. I could have been traumatized.


Some time passed and we took it as a freak accident, even though we didn't know where the giant knife came from. In the elevator again and this time I trembled while praying, hoping one of us wouldn't die again. I almost cried when the doors opened but thankfully nothing happened, and my friend exited fine. I went home after him. The next morning, got into the elevator to go downstairs to play. I saw my other friend, the shorter one, “Ya! Min aina Salim?” For some reason we spoke Arabic to each other. Salim was the friend in the lift yesterday and I asked the other where he was. He just shook his head.


I came out of the lift, letting it go as we looked around the corridors for Salim. Suddenly an old woman who was walking through the same corridor shrieked as she pointed to the stairways. There we saw, at each landing there were blood splatters. Our eyes trailed down and as each landing descended, there was more blood until we reached the bottom. There was a whole puddle full of black red.


At that time I was scared shitless. I ran somewhere to grab the same bible we made fun off. In my head I cursed at the same time begged God to forgive us for our sins, thinking it was just innocent fun. “God, I beseech you, take no more lives. Leave my friend, leave us alone.” I recall saying. I found a room where it looked like the study/computer room in my home and found my dad. I asked him frantically that I was being punished for making fun of the bible and whether I should burn it (To get rid of the curse? To erase the evidence?)


My dad said no. For some strange reason he was smiling as if I was making jokes. I told him I wasn't making jokes and that he shouldn't laugh when I was being serious. I asked him why he said no and he said he didn't know the reason behind it. Normally he would say yes, yet he said no. So I told him the reason why he said no. “Because God told you to say no!!”


I have no idea how to interpret this. I think my life tells me when I'm too happy so it gives me screwed up Dreams to balance the misery and happiness together. At least I'm not miserable in reality, right? C:

No comments:

Post a Comment