Sunday, August 29, 2010

. Howl .

Yes, I'm a fan of the Japanese animated film Howl's Moving Castle but I'm more of a love-sick fan for the main hero, Howl the wizard~ Here's how my story goes.

Howl was badly dismembered by a magical force, leaving his body in ruins. His organs and bones were visible, his limbs nowhere attached and his flesh slowly melting. I, actually ignoring all these gross facts, try my hardest to get his body back together. Putting his bones in the proper places like his spine, his skull and ribcage. Then I see Calcifer, the fire demon who is interconnected with Howl's heart and life force, nearby. My last hope was that I put Calcifer back into Howl's chest, maybe it could help.

So I placed the flame into his open chest and Calcifer was being absorbed by Howl's body. At first nothing happened and I sobbed quietly, since I couldn't save him. But then his flesh started forming, renewing and falling back into place. The first body part to form perfectly was his head. He was on his back and I behind his head so he had to look at me upside down to see me without turning. His hair color, black, and his cheeks a bit bloodied but he smiled at me.

He was grateful that even in the most ugly of situations, my unselfish intentions led me to trying my best to save his life. My efforts weren't in vain as Howl's body started to regenerate and he was gaining his health back. I run to the bathroom to get fresh towels and hot water to clean the blood of his body and floors.

In the bathroom, getting all the items ready in the sink, the wooden door behind me opens and its Howl's pale arm sticking in. He didn't say anything but in the Dream, as I looked into his eyes, it was as if he was saying 'don't leave me alone'. So I take his hand and stroke it and warm it between both of mine. His smile was most affectionate, I didn't want the Dream to end.

But Dreams have to, no matter how much we wish they won't.


Yes I know Howl has Sophie from the movie but hey, I can Dream can't I? Let me be a fan-girl once in a while and enjoy my fantasies XD

No comments:

Post a Comment