Sunday, August 29, 2010

. glass egg and wooden egg .

I'm in what looks to be a square room with a deep pit. I'm on a narrow edge sticking outward from the walls and its the only thing keeping me from falling flat on the marble floors dead below. I don't stand at all. The whole time, I'm crawling.

Suddenly I see my two friends, DJ and Agong, each holding a basketball in their hands. In reality, these two did enjoy playing basketball. But what were they doing here? They were bouncing the balls and having fun until Agong's ball dropped into the pit. Immediately he jumps after it and lands safely on the ground. It was a long way down but he was unhurt. He throws the ball upwards but instead of it landing in DJ's hands, it lands in front of me.

At the time I was crawling, making my way around the narrow edge, trying to get to DJ, see if he could help in any way. The basketball lands in front of me and I decide to keep it, which was not Agong's plan. He thinks if I keep it, I wouldn't give it back. As soon as I touch the orange ball, it gets smaller and smaller until it reached the size of an egg. A very exotically painted and decorated egg. I held it with me and continued walking.

Agong, a little upset his basketball turned into an egg, tries to make his way up the pit. DJ on the other hand gives his ball with no argument and it too turned into an egg, even before I caught it. Both eggs were similarly decorated. Now I held two eggs and didn't know what to do with them. Agong had already climbed out from the pit and he stood at the edge opposite DJ. He found a lever on his wall and pulled it. At once, water began filling the pit. It looked like a pool!

Thinking it a fun idea at the time, I jumped in! With the eggs in hand I did a cannonball and made a great splash. In the water I dropped the eggs but I was not too concerned about them. Getting onto the edges, DJ and Agong look at me. I said, “What? There's always time for a good swim.” And I look into the pool and the eggs were still there.

Only one was made out of glass and it had sunk to the bottom. The other egg, though just as beautifully decorated, was made out of wood and floated gently on the water's surface. I felt an interpretation coming on.

I turn round and I find myself no longer in the pit or near the pool but in my room, but I'm still dripping wet. My dad comes into the room and sees me making a wet mess, throws me a towel and sort of lectures me on not drying my hair properly or going swimming in my casual clothes.


Here's my interpretation! Are you read-eyh?? Ok, the pit I think represents the depth of challenges I face, as a normal person. I'm guessing the basketballs they gave me was support. Agong represents my friends who give their support unknowingly but with best intentions at heart. DJ might represent my few closest friends, which include himself, as the ones who give their support with full awareness thus his attitude at giving me the ball himself, with no complaint or warning. Their support turns into eggs, which I think means plans. As I take both plans into the pit full of water and struggle out of the pool, its obvious some plans will sink, but some plans stay afloat. But we all get the same result from putting plans into action; we must get a little wet on the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment