Sunday, November 7, 2010

. 13.05.10 our haven .

The landscape looked a little like my campus but so much grander. There were more pillars and marbled floor tiles and everything was so clean. It was dark, like it was reaching evening but then the air tasted crisp like early morning. There was no sun or moon or even stars but the sky still looked beautiful even in my Dreams. I was on a landing at the end of some stairs so I continued descending. When I got to the bottom, I see some familiar faces.


There was Sabun, Azri K, DJ, Beck, Sano and Zim. Sano and Zim were sitting close to each other on the stairs, covered in large towels, shivering but looking happy. I cried out, “Lemme guess, you went into the water at night.” They look at each other with large smiles on their faces, Zim says to Sano, “Oooh! She knows, she knows!” and they laugh. I laugh with them, “Yeah I know like shit; you're shivering and dripping wet!!”


I move over to the grounds of the area and see the girls. I only remember seeing Moon, Hajr, Yem, Farah and I think Elm and Bella were there too. Not sure bout Dee. The girls were having fun talking near the garden shrubs. As I step into the grounds, I realise that the whole area was covered in water. It was shallow, like knee-length. It wasn't freezing cold, but it just felt cool water wrapping round your legs. I remember I was wearing something similar to my black and orange jubah and I felt the thin layers of fabric floating gently in the water. It felt so real.


I padded through the water to get to my friends, who were now sending someone off from an arc. They looked like scholars from the middle east; Arab features, big beards, turbans, large round bellies, the exotic clothing. There were three of them and one recognized me. He seemed to be the oldest one as the other two respected him a whole lot. I had no idea who all of them were. The old man started saying how I should give up singing and work on my talent in making comics (then I faintly remember another old Dream where I was singing in a play with a bunch of children I didn't know). I was sort of embarrassed that my singing was no good, but when he praised my drawing skills, I was deeply grateful.


He joked to his two subordinates, “I should not tease her so much – or not I will be drawn and made fun of in her comics!” and they all laugh.


I don't know whether the Arab scholar parts are anywhere related to the religious issues going on right now in the world like the protests against 'Draw Mohammad Day' or the recent terrorist stories. I am also not saying that the person I saw was Mohammad, peace be upon him. But I do know after I had this Dream about my guy-friends, few days later back in the real world, I met up with them at a friend's birthday party and almost all the guys I saw were present. The girls didn't make it though but it still felt odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment