Thursday, November 11, 2010

. 17.05.10 cooked dog .

I was working in a pet shelter where there were a lot of animals, especially dogs. Children came to volunteer help rehabilitate dogs who were too scared of people and thats why they couldn't get adopted. None of them were fierce, just shy. There was one dog in particular I was very fond of. A black kid brought him back from his usual walk but he still looked timid as ever. I thank the child for coming but school was starting again and the children would stop volunteering starting the next day. I wondered if my dog would be comfortable enough to walk with someone else for a change. We took him out of his cage and he knew the black kid was not there to walk him. He looked at me confused. I took his leash happily and lead him out of the shelter, through the clinic and out the door.


I loved that dog so much. I wanted to adopt him myself and bring him back home. I don't know what happened in between but I came home to find my maid talking on the phone, like nobody's business. I searched for my dog and asked her where he was. She was obviously trying to ignore me and that pissed me off. I looked around the house and still no sign of him. I slammed my hands on the table asking where the hell was my dog. She blurts out she cooked him. Yes, instead of boiling the meat she fried my dog instead. Flashes of dog being put in and oven flickered in my mind in seconds and all hell broke loose. I shouted at her along the lines of, “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR?? YOU COOKED A DOG?? OH WE CAN'T BOIL HIM, SO LETS FRY HIM INSTEAD!! IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU LITTLE SHIT?? WHAT THE FUCK??! WHAT-THE-FUCK??!!!” I threw the bowl of rice at her during the rage.


I ran out to the garden, angry tears streaming from my eyes. My garden was overwhelmed by weeds and large bushes and extraordinarily I saw my dog jumping out from the bush. It was prancing about and looked fine. I stopped dead but was so happy that he was fine. I turned round and my maid was acting her usual self, as if I hadn't raged on her seconds ago. I ask her, “So you didn't really cook a dog, did you?” I thought she was joking. She answered back, “Nope. Not yours. I know how you love him and how good he is. I cooked the neighbor's dog. He was really annoying and small enough.”


I swear to God if I ever did find a person like that I'd run away. Run like there was no tomorrow. And if she WAS a maid working for me, I'd call the police when she wasn't looking. If she didn't mind cooking the dog, what would she do to me?? o___O In reality, I do feel sad that there are actually ppl in parts of the world that cook and eat domestic animals as delicacies..

No comments:

Post a Comment