Tuesday, November 30, 2010

. 26.07.10 dead babies .

This Dream is as scary as the title sounds.


It started with a normal looking day in the Dreamworld, where my dad and I were browsing a bookshop in the modern present day shopping complex. I then grab a large book which looked like Neil Gaiman's collection of Death; a character from his comic Sandman (Death being the older sister to Dream). I grab it and flip it open and was excited to have found it when I couldn't in the real world. I don't remember the contents or how the pages looked but I called my dad over to show it to him, as he was a fan of Sandman too.


Flipping through the pages, I noticed the whole comic book changed into an entirely different book. At first it looked like watercolored sceneries of green and amber forests, then it changed to a black and white collection of sketches. The page I stopped at had two cartoon dogs. They looked very posh and were wearing clothes. The fancy looking poodle, I recalled, was wearing a shirt and her collar was laced. I remembered asking my dad what they called that fashion at the time. All of a sudden the bookshop setting disappeared and I found myself in the black and white world of the two dogs. They began to talk but I didn't understand what they were saying, or maybe their words were too slurry to remember. Anyway, even the black and white world faded away into a black and grey cemetery of a setting. Later I found myself in a very grey town in the middle of the night, but it wasn't scary just yet.


My persona changed as soon as I stepped into the town. From the looks of it, everything was painted grey. Everyone's clothes, tablecloths, buildings (though I only remembered one there). It looked like the Victorian times in London, where it was always grey, misty and depressing. But the ppl were not miserable at first. Actually, we were all having a bit of fun. We were surrounded by houses in a way that they constructed four walls around us with a sky light. I recalled it was around evening, almost night. We were having a dinner party under the night sky and all was merry. My persona was a young woman (the hostess maybe?) in a plain dress and I had a shawl over my shoulders. I was making sure everyone was happy and doing well...


And then I hear someone calling “Mama, mama,” in a small, squeaky voice. We all didn't know where it was coming from and looked around. The calling didn't stop till I looked up. Above me, in one of the windows of the house was a baby at the window. The windows were wide open and the infant, barely a few years old, was on all fours precariously on the edge. I was petrified. I didn't even know if that was MY child but I ran up the stairs of the house as fast as I could. There was a butler in the way to the room when I burst in. The baby looked at me for the last time and it just toppled over the edge and fell to its death with a large thud. The butler was with me as I screamed and looked away. I could hear gasps and screams of shock from below, I didn't have to look out the window.


The butler ran with me downstairs to the dinner party and many of the women were in tears after witnessing the horrible sight. The infant was naked (which I didn't notice earlier) and its body was red in a pool of blood, as if it had been born just yesterday. The horror didn't stop there. All around us, more cries just like the previous one joined in. One by one, the babies fell from different windows all over and the adults just ran around in panic, not knowing how to stop this phenomenon. I even tried to catch one of the babies which fell, but for some reason my arms retreated at the last minute and I couldn't save him. I couldn't save any of these babies.


I hope I never have this Dream ever ever again. Its already traumatizing the first time... I read somewhere that a dead baby symbolizes something innocent or connected to my childhood has emotionally died within me but I can't think of anything in particular... Maybe its me realizing i'm growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment