Wednesday, September 15, 2010

. 20.12.09 undersea photography .

Usually when I dream about the ocean, its always something scary or disturbing because of the unknown creatures lurking around my feet. Or the dark storms and waves that bring havoc. Or the thought of drowning and panicking in the deep blue. This time it didn't work that way however.

This time I'm underwater but the water was a clear, light blue all around. You could see the sruface if you looked upwards. I'm underwater and sitting at the bottom of the reef, on the soft, white sand. A long distance in front of me is a mountain of coral from the reef. I remember the coral looking so beautiful. So there I was, not scared at all being in the ocean. Fish swam by, minding their own business.

When a school of fish came along and looked at me out of curiosity, if they looked photogenic, I would take out my hand phone from my pocket and take a picture of them. After that they'd look blur and dart away, but another school of different fish would take their place. I'd find them attractive too and take their picture. God knows how I got a working phone underwater but I loved it. There was also an Owl City song playing in the background of this undersea escapade. I think it was 'the Bird and the Worm' because I remember a part of the song where he'd be talking about the marine life.

After taking a few pictures and listening to the music softly going on, another fish appears and I feel hesitant around it. It was black and lumpy all over that I couldn't really see its features. All I could see was it was long. It was bobbing towards me and back that made me feel uneasy in the Dream. But I remembered if I felt scared in the Dream, that fear would create more fearful things to come so I tried to keep my cool. I swung my arm out slowly at the fish and suddenly it dispersed into little black balls. They were sea urchins in disguise and quickly they returned to the shape of a fish.

The urchins didn't seem bothered I messed up their form the first time so they left me but what came after them was a small shark. A hammer-head if I'm not mistaken but it looked small enough to be a new born baby shark. It was adorable but I was worried its mother would come sooner or later. So I woke. Owl City was playing 'On the Wing' as my alarm.


Second time I was underwater in my Dream that I didn't feel scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment