Tuesday, May 18, 2010

. 25.08.09 valentines .

I'm a character in a high school or college surroundings and I'm waiting on the corner of a hallway. I know the guy I'm waiting for was coming down that way. Apparently we were going out together and that guy, when he came round, was soooo handsome. Funny thing was he looked like Mann but wasn't, if you get what I mean. Anyway, he had asked me out on Valentines Day (which was that day) and he was pretty sweet for a guy.

When he met me on the corner, I was unbelievably shy and mousy (which matter-o-fact I am) and I think I was turning red. You would too if you saw him. He was trying his very best to recite a sort of slow rap but in the end he says, “Ok I lied. I don't know how to rap. Will you still go out with me?” He made me laugh so hard and we walked together exiting the building. I remember he had his hand around me, clutching my waist.

But going out, I spotted this one guy (I assume I know him in the dream) and wanted to go talk to him. I met with him and I asked if we could speak in private. Turns out he was my ex-boyfriend and he looked depressed, saying, “So you're going out with him huh?”

“Well... he asked me out actually.”

“I see...” I don't remember what else he was saying but after a moment he was breaking down, with subtle tears in his eyes. But I held him, asking him to calm down. I hugged him because he was still my friend. Then I remember asking him, “Do you know what's the difference between 'like' and 'love'?”

“Huuh?”

“You know what's the difference between 'like' and 'love'? - I loved you. I really did. And we had so much fun together... I really loved you... but that was becoming a burden to you.”

I learned after that it was me who asked to break up because my ex was studying really hard for his exams and I didn't want to get in the way. Plus, while he worked and studied overtime, the distance between us kept growing. But then I told him, “I won't be by your side as your girl... but I'll be here as your friend.”

Finally he smiled and we hugged. We were friends again.


I don't make this shit up people! Ok, I do but I'm not conscious of it. I keep having these sad, romantic dreams nowadays. Wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment