Tuesday, May 18, 2010

. an old scare .

This is an account of an old recurring nightmare I remember as a kid and also of how I used my newly found bending power afterwards. There are three accounts because I've had it three times but on the third, I was able to escape the horrifying loop and I haven't had that nightmare ever since.

First night: I'm in an arcade which is a huge round room of dark blue, purple and neon lights flashing with fun. In real life I didn't usually go to arcades to play; just watch other people play. But here I go up to an arcade game to try it out. But as soon as I touched the game, everything went wrong. Everyone's skin and flesh start melting away and they turn into skeletons. They stop their usual business and turn to me, hands outstretched. They were out to get me.

Woke up with sweat.

Second night: I'm in the arcade again and somehow I'm aware of what happened before as if I pressed the restart button and knew what not to do. I stayed in the middle of the room, not touching or doing anything. Half the time, I also wanted to see what would happen. Soon enough I did but the SAME thing happened! Everyone turned into skeletons and were coming for me. I ran for someplace to hide and it was under a shallow table but of course that didn't work.

Woke up with sweat.

Third night: So here I was AGAIN but this time change of whole routine. Instead of waiting for something to happen, I quickly make my way to the exit and sprint out of here. The skeletons were quite slow but I didn't look back to see if they caught up or not. Running down the street, it looked as if it was Halloween town, the Disney sort of way, not the Tim Burton visionary. I dash into the first shop I see to hide and it was a spooky bakery. The shopkeeper was a vampire, but the friendly kind. Like the Count from Sesame street. His delivery boy was, would you know it, Frankenstein... who was at the time looking for his own brain before the next delivery. I remember I chuckled while hiding behind the counter.


That vampire was friendly to let me hide behind his counter, not like the vampire dream I had when I was older. I was really scared when this vampire chased me and when he bit me I actually felt a numbness on my neck when I woke up. No puncture marks though. It was just a sprain. My brain likes to play tricks on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment