Tuesday, May 18, 2010

. 29.03.09 part two .

Somewhere in suburbia:

I'm with Shaza and we're just laughing with glee because we finally got together to hang around. At first we're in some house, not hers, not mine. I remember a bit of the setting, as strange as it sounds. It looked a bit Arabian, with vintage, heavy curtains, rugs and oil lamps. The colors were brown and orange. With a blink of an eye, I find we're in a bus, with a very grouchy driver.

We were going to Datuk Keramat to send Shaza home, which was strange because Shaza lives in Titiwangsa, at least in the real world. On the way we talk and try to cheer up our bus driver. I think we were the only ones on the bus.

Datuk Keramat was not like the one I recognized in my world but it had open stalls, markets, bazaars and all that. It was vague but we stopped at a refreshment place. I wanted to treat Shaza to something. I felt in my pockets only my phone and mp3. Bugger, I forgot my wallet! We were low on money. I don't remember if we bought the drinks or not.

Walking past the stalls, we're trying to find a passage way to Shaza's house, or so she says. I didn't find a passage, but I found a stairway in an alley, between two shops. We took it and ended up in another place, far away from Datuk Keramat.

We ended up in a skeleton of a building. There was nothing there but it was not decrepit or scary. Freshly painted with beige and light magenta, it was just bare. "We're not in Datuk Keramat anymore, are we?"

I teasingly blamed her bad sense of direction since she couldn't remember the way to her house. We explored the place quickly, running from one spot to another. We ran downstairs and the exit opened to a plain of grass. We see other buildings similar to this one but they had windows and looked like they occupied something. I look around and on the grassy plains are a few teens, sitting in the sun, talking together in groups with textbooks and gadgets.

"How did we end up in a university??" I asked. Shaza shrugged and wanted to get to the roadside as fast as she could. "But we're too poor to get a taxi!" I said. She remembered and so we started walking. To where? Even we weren't sure.

I remember while climbing a grassy hill to the other side of the dream, a teen girl socialite laughed and mocked the two of us for reasons unexplained. I fire back at her, "Yeah you just sit there on your fat ass while we walk and lose some weight." Shaza laughed at my comment and I didn't turn back.

I also remember in the real world how Shaza would always say she was fat when in reality she's not. She's lean and quite fit for her age. In my dreams, as we were near to merge into the next chapter of my dreams, she turned into a fat, Caucasian woman, with platinum blonde hair and double chins. She cried, saying she didn't want to be fat. Her fear? Maybe.

I cheer her up and say, "You're not fat for goodness sake!" I pull her up and she returns to normal slowly. Her blonde hair and Caucasian likeness also disappears. Walking side by side, she suddenly cries right beside me. I asked what's wrong? She tells me, "I just remembered a very sad song." She sang it to me. A slow, melancholic lullaby which I can't remember now but it also made me cry, in the dream. I remember it had something to do with fathers.

I squirted the tears before waking up, and I fell back onto my pillow to begin the last chapter of my story. In a car park:


To read the continuation, you'll have to read the next post. Pls and TQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment